Let’s be honest as much as Pilates engages the mind and body at least one or more of these thoughts has passed through your mind during class.
1. Walk into your first Pilates class look at the Reformer ‘what is this modern medieval torture device and how do I use it?’
2. Oh wait I get to exercise lying down! Where has Pilates been all my life.
3. What? I have to put my feet in the straps? How on earth … Oh my can I just keep my feet in straps all class?
4. Was that just the warm up? This Pilates malarkey is harder than it looks!
5. Left hand, why does the instructor keep telling me to use my left hand? I am! … Oh wait, she means my other left.
6. Two more, I’m pretty sure the instructor said two more three reps ago. That is it, I am never trusting anyone again.
7. How should I be breathing again? In through the nose and out through the mouth or in through the mouth and out through the nose? Am I holding my breath?
8. This exercise isn’t so bad, watch out the Instructors coming. Adjusts body position, well that exercise just got a whole lot harder!
9. ‘Please do standing leg stretch, pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee!’ Instructor time for standing leg stretch. ‘Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss’
10. Move your spine like a snake, is this Pilates or some strange method acting class!?!
11. Instructor demonstrates an exercise; I’ll never be able to do that. I wonder if anyone will notice if I leave now? Oh god the Instructors looking I better give it a go. Oh, I did it! Yesssssssssssss, feel good factor has just gone through the roof!
12. Let’s finish with a standing roll down, FINISHED already, well that 50 minutes flew by, I think I’ll come back tomorrow.
Are there any other thoughts you have had during class? Share them in the comments below.
Thanks for reading!